John ESSIEN, the modern renaissance gentleman


While I would like to consider myself a modern renaissance gentleman, I have come to realize that the aforementioned title is not in high demand by employers. However, I do have a specific set of skills that have brought me to where I am.

I am a young Ghanaian broadcast journalist, currently perusing an undergraduate degree in Mathematics at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Kumasi Ghana.

I have a great passion for journalism and I currently work at the university's radio network (Focus 94.3 FM) as the News Editor and a correspondent for Class 91.3 FM in Accra. I am also an online content manager for focusnewsroom.com and other websites; todaysprofile.com, rawgist.com.

I put much emphasis on researching, reporting, and writing. I deeply care about the state of our world and put my skills to work reporting on progressive solutions for social change. I am passionate about social justice and the future of journalism in Africa.

My editorial mission is to support social change by investigating and explaining solutions that address core problems at the intersections of social, economic, racial, and environmental justice.

I seek to increase the diversity of voices and perspectives in solutions reporting and the journalism industry.
Awards
➤National Students Meritorious Award Winner (2017)
➤2018 National Union of Ghana Students, KNUST - Best Student Journalist.
➤2019 KNUST Eminence Awards Outstanding Student Journalist of the year.




Post a Comment

0 Comments